Tuesday, August 27, 2013

3 Strollers & 1 Baby

Remember the days when you would put something down in your home and it was actually still there when you went to use it again?  I don't know, like your hair brush, your shoes or your bottle of water that you are currently drinking.  In my home, some magic phantom fairy steals these things and they are thrown in the bathtub, under the couch or if it is something edible, it is often shoved into the cab of a toy truck.  Who would do such a thing?  I miss those days when my stuff was mine and no one touched it, broke it or colored on it with a red crayon.  OMG, how times have changed!

Last Saturday night we had one of our family nights, where the three of us head out in the city for dinner and treats and perhaps hit up the hottest playground or water feature!  We wandered to the North End, where one of the Italian feasts was going on & had fun meandering through the busy streets of Little Italy munching on pizza, arancini and sweet treats!   As we headed back to our apartment, we walked down Hanover street, the main strip with tons of restaurants.  I was sweaty from carrying Ollie while pushing his empty stroller, had Ollie's hand print in pizza sauce smeared across my white tee (hot look!) and was straight up exhausted from a busy day.

Many of the restaurants have big huge windows that are thrown open for summer dining.  It was 8pm on a Saturday night in August - prime time!  I was eager to get home and then I casually glanced at a table of young (younger than me!) fun girls enjoying wine and bread dipped in olive oil.  Their hair was freshly coiffed and their outfits were super cute (not black yoga pants) and I had this HARDCORE pang of envy.  When the hell is the last time I went out to dinner and casually enjoyed my meal and laughed with my girlfriends (or husband)??   Dinners now consist of shoveling food very very quickly in order to be done before Oliver finishes his grilled cheese and wants to launch out of his seat and begin his marathon of running.  Or if we have our beloved babysitter Julia taking care of Ollie, we literally go to the exact same place every single time, order the same meal and debate whether to have a second drink at all, as the morning will be such a beast if we have too much to drink...all the while mostly talking about Ollie and keeping the iPhone on the table, eagerly awaiting a picture text from Julia.  Pathetic. 

It is so funny how we parents have morphed into entirely different people!  One other example is my obsession with baby gear -- namely strollers.  I currently have three strollers (2 brand new) sitting in my not so big apartment.  I have one baby, who doesn't even really like being in the stroller.  I had a bee in my bonnet that Ollie's UPPAbaby Vista was old and trashed, so I needed a new one after 18 months.  Enter in the ole grandma, who would buy him a Maserati if he asked.  Score!  I studied the new 2013 Vista fabric colors like it was my job!  In the end, we went with the new Indigo blue color to replace the old slate blue color we had! HA!  Then this weekend at a sidewalk sale, I saw an amazing deal on a Mountain Buggy Duet double stroller.  I mean, I HAD to buy it for my second baby, that has yet to be conceived- it allows for a toddler seat & a bassinet for the new baby, so I really had to buy it.  Right?  Needless to say, my husband is none too pleased with me this week. 

I realize I need psychiatric help for my stroller hoarding and I don't even care!!  I remember sizing up another woman's style by her handbag or shoes...now it is her stroller.  Ohhhhhh she has the Bugaboo Donkey, she is sooo the cool girl!

What about you, readers??! Please share below in the comment section how you have changed as a mom or perhaps what kid purchases you are obsessed with that could possibly be the catalyst for divorce papers!!

Pizza!  YUMMMM!

Verrry popular with the ladies at the feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment